Bill is chairman of Maxthon, board member of Glyde and Scribd, and seed investor in Ark.com, ContextLogic, Schematic Labs, Sensr.net and StackMob, representing CRV as a partner in several funds. He is an angel investor in Tweetdeck, Tango, Voxer, Zoom.us and other fun startups out to change the world.
Bill has served on the board of seven publicly listed companies he funded as startups, including one he founded. He is experienced in the earliest stages as founding CEO of iAsiaWorks (NASD: IAWK), chairman of IPinfusion (Tokyo: 4817) and founder of Tradebeam (NASD: CDCS).
He holds a BSEE, with Honors, from University of Illinois and an a MBA from Harvard. Bill is an adjunct professor of innovation at Curtin University in Australia, an Olympic Ambassador for the IKA and co-creator of MaiTaiGlobal.org. He is an acknowledged kiteboarding addict and maintains a blog about the sport at Kiteboarding at http://www.kitevc.blogspot.com/.
Legendary venture capitalist Bill Tai joined CRV in 2002.
- 8×8, Inc. – IPO 1997
- Avvenu – Acq. by Nokia 2007
- Award Software – IPO 1996
- Centrum, Inc. – acq. by 3Com 1994
- Creative Technology – IPO 1992
- iAsiaWorks Inc. – IPO 2000
- ICWorks, Inc. – Acq. by Cypress 1999
- ImGo – IPO 2001 via reverse merger
- IPinfusion Inc. – Acq. by Access 2006
- Microchip – IPO 1993
- Microtune – IPO 2000
- NCompass – Acq. by Microsoft 2001
- Network Peripherals – IPO 1994
- Premisys, Inc. – IPO 1995
- Rastergraphics – IPO 1996
- RLX Technologies – Acq. by HP 2005
- Silicon Clocks – Acq., Silicon Labs 2010
- SlimDevices – Acq. by Logitech 2006
- Terayon – IPO 1998
- Transmeta, Inc. – IPO 2000